Eight things you should consider when choosing a veterinarian:
- Are the clinic’s office hours compatible with your schedule?
- How do the veterinarians and staff treat you and your pet?
- Are the clinic’s payment options/plans acceptable to you?
- If your pet is insured, does the clinic accept your insurance plan?
- How are after-hours emergencies handled?
- How do they handle referrals to specialists, if that’s necessary?
- If you have a non-traditional pet, does the veterinarian have experience with that species of pet?
- A referral from a trusted friend or family member is helpful.
Retrieved from www.avma.org